WellSpark Giving Back
Practicing Our Own Life-Dimensional Approach
At WellSpark, we practice our own life-dimensional approach. Social connections are an important part of good emotional health and we also know that giving back builds personal connections between employees and their communities. Since we see each person as the sum of everything in life — culture, community, health — we make it a priority to improve the quality of life in the communities where we live. We strive for better places to live, work, and play.
Honoring our mission through giving back means we help create healthier lifestyles and futures for members of our community. Plus, it’s good for the wellbeing of our employees, too, promoting engagement and teamwork.
Some of the organizations we support include local and national food pantries; Habitat for Humanity; Feeding America; and local farms, greenhouses and equestrian centers that are in place to improve the health of our communities.
Here are some examples of ways we have recently supported organizations that focus on biological, psychological, social, and economic health to further our mission.
- WellSpark volunteers helped transplant fall vegetable and herb crop at Gifts of Love Farm in Simsbury, CT, a certified-organic educational farm dedicated to educational programming and growing produce for those experiencing financial hardship.
- Our employees helped clear trails and level land at Shepard Meadows Equestrian Center in Bristol, CT, an organization that provides Equine-Assisted Services such as therapeutic riding and equine assisted psychotherapy for children with disabilities and veterans.
- WellSpark volunteers assisted the KNOX Green Team with cleaning up and planting trees in Lozada Park and the surrounding neighborhood in Hartford, CT. KNOX is an organization which uses horticulture as a catalyst for community engagement, and forges partnerships between residents, businesses and the government.
- WellSpark’s team led a food donation drive for the Plainville Community Food Pantry, which is a non-profit outreach agency that provides food, energy assistance, clothing, crisis intervention and referral services for individuals and families in need. This is part of our larger effort to support Feeding America.
- Employees from WellSpark donated an entire day to support a Habitat for Humanity build. Habitat for Humanity is a global non-profit housing organization with a vision of “a world where everyone has a decent place to live.”